- This event has passed.
October 27 - October 29
The Sycamore Pumpkin Festival takes place in downtown Sycamore, Illinois, near the corners of Main & State Street, with much of the festivities happening on the courthouse lawn and surrounding town square.
Saturday – October 21ST
- Free Pumpkin Distribution – Starting at 10 am by the Wally Thurow Tribute Statue at the SW corner of Elm and Somonauk. Compliments of the Sycamore Lions Club and Theis Farm Market.
Wednesday – October 25th
- Pumpkin Check-in – 12 noon to 9 pm Courthouse Lawn. Hosted by the Sycamore Lions.
- Opening / Giant Cake Cutting Ceremony – 5 pm North Maple Street adjacent to the Courthouse. Cake compliments of HyVee.
Thursday – October 26th
- Kiwanis Prayer Breakfast – 7 to 9 am United Methodist Church, 160 Johnson Avenue
- Trick or Treat Event 4:30 to 6:30 pm Along State St.
- Pumpkin Celebrations – 4 to 7 pm All things PUMPKIN! Crafts, games, treats and other fun. Sycamore Public Library, 103 E. State St.
Friday – October 27th
- Teen Carnival (Sacramento & State) & Kiddie Carnival (Somonauk & Elm) – 3 pm to 10 pm ($35 unlimited ride special from 4-8 pm)
- United Methodist Church Craft Show, Friday – 11 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday – October 28th
- Sycamore Rotary Pancake Breakfast – 7 to 11 am St. Mary’s Parish Activity Center, 312 Waterman St.
- Burgers & Soup Luncheon – 10 am to 5 pm Burgers, hot dogs, sloppy joes, soups, baked goods, drinks. Bethel Assembly of God Church, 131 West Elm St.
- Lions Club Pumpkin Display Awards – 10 am Courthouse Lawn
- Face Painting – Sycamore High Art Club, 10 am to 2 pm at the Kiddie Carnival.
- Historic Homes Tour – 10 am to 5 pm Hosted by DeKalb County History Center Tickets: $20/person Available after October 15 at DCHC or Made Just for You, or at any home on the day of the tour. Visit https://dekalbcountyhistory.org/ for more information.
- Pumpkin 4-Person Golf Scramble – 11 am Sycamore Golf Course, 940 E. State Street – Registration information – (815) 895-3884
- Pumpkin Festival Marquee Entertainment (Sponsored by Lovett’s Towing & Recovery and Meijer) North Food Court
– Deb “The Frog Lady” 11:30 am
– Jeanie B! Family Music Entertainment 2:00 pm
- Autumn Craft / Treasures Market, Saturday – 9 am to 5 pm
- United Methodist Church Craft Show, 9 am to 4 pm
- ACS – Cornerstone Craft Show, 9 am to 5 pm
- Teen Carnival (Sacramento & State) & Kiddie Carnival (Somonauk & Elm) – 12 noon to 10 pm ($30 unlimited ride special 12 noon – 4 pm and $35 unlimited ride special 5-9 pm)
- Sycamore Kiwanis Pie Eating Contest – 4 pm Courthouse Lawn
Sunday – October 29th
- Sycamore Chamber 10K Pumpkin Run – Race Starts at 9:05 am at the Sycamore Armory Sycamore Pumpkin Run
- Teen Carnival (Sacramento & State) & Kiddie Carnival (Somonauk & Elm) – 12 noon to 5 pm ($30 unlimited ride special from 12 noon to 4 pm)
- Autumn Craft / Treasures Market, 9 am to 2 pm
- Pumpkin Festival Parade – (Sponsored by Ideal Industries and Upstaging). Parade kicks off at 1 pm Somonauk – Elm – California – State & Main Streets. Parade Map