To generate economic impact and promote DeKalb County as a premier destination for business and leisure travel.
Purpose of a Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) serves as the first point of contact for meeting planners, sports tournament directors, tour operators, special event planners, and leisure travelers. Marketing, advertising, and promotional efforts are focused 50 miles outside the bureau’s region to attract new dollars and new business, which results in a positive impact on economic development.
A CVB does not organize meetings, conventions or sporting events. A CVB helps the meeting planners, tournament directors and visitors learn about the destination and area attractions to make the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
DCCVB BOARD MEMBERS
- Brad Hoey – Chair (NIU Athletics)
- Alex Nerad – Vice Chair (Egyptian Theatre)
- Kevin McArtor – Treasurer (Jonamac Orchard)
- Jo Burke – Secretary (NIU Art Museum)
- Erin Reynolds – Interim Executive Director (DCCVB)
- Michael Embrey (FunME Events)
- Cindy Green-Deutsch (Shabbona Hometown Events)
- Mary Keys (Genoa Guest House)
- Nick Nagele (Whiskey Acres Distilling Co.)
- Eric Olson (Daily Chronicle)
- Ryan Sedevie (NIU Athletics)
- Vicky Torres (Red Roof Inn)
- Rose Treml (Sycamore Chamber)
Ex-Officio Non-Voting Board Members
- Derek Hiland (DeKalb County)
- Mark Kerman (Siepert & Co., LLP)
DCCVB Governing Policies
- Maple Park