- This event has passed.
Holiday Traditions at the Ellwood House Museum
November 17, 2021 - December 12, 2021
Kick off your holiday season with a tour of the elegantly decorated Ellwood House in DeKalb. View the historic home of barbed wire baron Isaac Ellwood in a new light, and enjoy festive decorations on two levels of the 1879 mansion. Visitors must purchase tickets in advance, and are required to wear masks and practice physical distancing during their tour. Tours can be reserved for households of no more than 10 people, and will begin at the Visitor Center.
Each tour lasts approximately 1 hour. After the tour, your group is welcome to explore two floors of exhibits in the Visitor Center galleries.
Ticket fees will be collected at the Ellwood House Museum Visitor Center before the start of each tour. Ticket prices are as follows:
- $10 for adults 18+
- $5 for youth ages 6-17
- Free for children 5 and under
- Free for Museum members (email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reservations must be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
- Masks are required and hand sanitizer will be available in all buildings.
- Tours begin in the Visitor Center, located behind the mansion.
- A lift is available to bring visitors to the first floor.
Self guided tour weekend Dec 3-5