Northern Illinois University Homecoming 2015 will be October 18-24th with the Homecoming Parade taking place on October 22nd at 7:00pm. The route will go from NIU’s campus (NIU Art Building Parking lot on Gilbert Dr.) to downtown DeKalb (Van Buer Plaza) and is open to the public (full map is below). This year’s homecoming theme is Huskies Light the Way, each entry will have some sort of lighted aspect, lighting up DeKalb at dusk.
The DeKalb County Community is welcome to participate in the parade as well. Registration for entries is now live.
Here is some of the key information if you want to know to participate in the 2015 NIU Homecoming Parade:
- Registration is now live! Click HERE to get the 2015 Homecoming Packet.
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 15 at 4:00pm
- Be sure to go through all the screens and click the final “submit” button.
- Entries may consist of decorated vehicles, on-foot entries, equestrian groups, and floats. Other categories may be considered upon request.
- This year, NIU’s Homecoming theme is “Huskies Light the Way,” and our parade theme is “Northern Lights.” As a result, all entries must have some form of lights clearly displayed with their entry. For example, you can have clear/colored lights
- A MANDATORY parade meeting will be held for all entries on Tuesday, October 20 at 7pm in the Holmes Student Center Illinois Room. At this time, a representative from your entry MUST be present. The position of each entry and parade logistics will be discussed at this time.
For a full details, please review the 2015 Northern Lights Homecoming Parade Overview & Registration Information sheet or contact Kelli Lance at (815) 753-6505 or email@example.com.
Full list of 2015 NIU Homecoming Events and the 2015 Poster