DeKalb County Barn Tour
Saturday, August 12, 2017
The DeKalb County Barn Tour is a one-day driving tour of select barn sites within DeKalb County jointly hosted by the Joseph F. Glidden Homestead and Historical Center and the DeKalb Area Agricultural Heritage Association.
Participants will receive a map and Guide Book containing hand-drawn sketches of each barn and the story of each barn’s history, style, and use. Participants will drive to each location, in any order, for a guided tour of the barn(s).
Tickets may be purchased in advance. Tickets are also available at any of the tour locations the day of the event.
Admission is $25 per vehicle (buses extra) (Museum members receive a 25% discount). Bus groups are welcome. Call for details on pricing; Marcia Wilson at the JF Glidden Homestead & Historical Center at (815) 756-7904 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are on sale now – click HERE to learn more.
Waterman Road is currently under construction, CLICK HERE to download the updated route directions to visit all 10 barns plus two bonus stops on the 2017 tour.
1. Ostfriesland Farms, 10330 Rt. 23, Waterman, IL 60556
2. Waterman Winery & Tuntland Barn, 11582 Waterman Rd., Waterman, IL 60556
3. Honey Hill Orchard, 11747 Waterman Rd., Waterman, IL 60556
4. Thomas / Todd Barn, 8720 Elva Road, DeKalb, IL 60115
5. Barshinger / Carroll Barn, 13840 S. 1st Street, Waterman, IL 60556
6. Austin and Alex Mitchell Barn, 5252 Miller Road, Shabbona, IL 60550
7. Challand Barn, 12212 University Road, Shabbona, IL 60550
8. Brummel / Larson Barn, 11559 Shabbona Road, Shabbona, IL 60550
9. Rosene / Hart Barn. 14170 Shabbona Road, Shabbona, IL 60550
10. Barn at Red Home Farm, 13459 Tower Road, Lee, IL 60530
- The Waterman Area Historical Society
- The Monsanto Company Waterman Research Facility