Mark your calendars for this family tradition!
DeKalb Kite Fest is held each year on the 2nd Sunday in September at Northern Illinois University’s North 40 at the corner of Lucinda Ave. and Kishwaukee Dr. in DeKalb.
The 2018 DeKalb Kite Fest is Sunday, September 9 from 11 am – 4 pm, it’s a great way to enjoy the outdoors and see amazing kites! Everyone will enjoy seeing the giant inflatable kites, dancing kites, and fighting kites high up in the sky.
- Kite Fest is FREE!
- $3 parking, cash only – in and out privileges all day.
- Manja (manjha) string or any other type of glass covered string is prohibited.
- Bring your own: sunscreen, chairs, blankets, food/snacks/non-alcoholic beverages, and kites
- FREE Kite candy drop and kite making craft for the kids
- Food, beverages, and kites will be available for purchase.
- Food: TBA
- Kites: Chicago Kite
- Kite Fest 2017 Pamphlet
HUGE Thank You to our 2017 Kite Fest Sponsors
We Want to See Your Pictures!!