To generate economic impact and promote DeKalb County as a premier destination for business and leisure travel.
Purpose of a Convention and Visitors Bureau
The Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) serves as the first point of contact for meeting planners, sports tournament directors, tour operators, special event planners, and leisure travelers. Marketing, advertising, and promotional efforts are focused 50 miles outside the bureau’s region to attract new dollars and new business, which results in a positive impact on economic development.
A CVB does not organize meetings, conventions or sporting events. A CVB helps the meeting planners, tournament directors and visitors learn about the destination and area attractions to make the best possible use of all the services and facilities the destination has to offer.
DCCVB BOARD MEMBERS
- Brad Hoey – Chair (NIU Marketing & Communications)
- Vicky Torres – Vice Chair (Red Roof Inn & Suites)
- Matt Duffy – Treasurer (DeKalb Chamber)
- Alex Nerad – Secretary (Egyptian Theatre)
- Kevin McArtor – Immediate Past Chair (Jonamac Orchard)
- Debbie Armstrong – Executive Director (DCCVB)
- Jo Burke (NIU Art Museum)
- Jeff Dobie (Fatty’s Pub & Grille) – Ex Officio
- Cindy Green-Deutsch (Shabbona Hometown Events)
- Misty Haji-Sheikh (DeKalb County Board)
- Derek Hiland (DeKalb County)
- Tim Holdeman (City of DeKalb)
- Patty Hoppenstedt (City of DeKalb)
- Mark Kerman (Siepert & Co. LLP) – Ex Officio
- Jason Michnick (City of DeKalb)
- Rick Olson (City of Sandwich)
- Ryan Sedevie (NIU Athletics)
- Rose Treml (Sycamore Chamber)
- Maple Park